St. Andrew's Episcopal Church
Highland Park, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in the Highland Park neighborhood of Pittsburgh is a beautiful English Gothic church built in 1905. The magnificent space certainly warranted a magnificent instrument. The organ was originally built by the venerable firm of Ernest M. Skinner in 1913 as their opus 202. After nearly 80 years of continuous service the instrument required a major rebuild. Much of the original mechanism was retained and restored, as well as almost all of the original pipework. Additions and modifications were made to allow the instrument greater flexibility as a concert and accompaniment instrument, and a new four-manual draw knob console was provided with casework copied from the original Skinner console. Currently the organ stands at 55 ranks of pipes across four manuals and pedal, including a Fanfare Trumpet in the nave.